Monday 9 June 2014

Something a bit different - Warhammer 40K Baneblade

Something slightly off the general topic of my blog - I will occasionally do a post on something other than WW2 or Napoleonic, and in this case it is a Warhammer 40K tank.

The Baneblade is the GW plastic kit version. I used an airbrush to paint it, firstly to get the camouflage and also to do a final spray of a light colour to give it a dusty effect. I also gave the tank a light dry brush with chain-mail to give the raised detail a slight metallic sheen. I have had my airbrush for years and originally used it on 1/72 plastic tanks and it worked well but it is not good enough at really fine detail to use on 10mm so it was really nice to have a project where I could use it effectively again.






1 comment:

  1. That's a work of art. The camo pattern is terriffic.

    ReplyDelete