I based the layout on the model in the Waterloo museum (in Waterloo).
I have used the following buildings to make Hougoumont:
- Leven storehouse for main gatehouse;
- J&R barns either side of gatehouse;
- chateau an Irregular farm house (the little 'chapel' at the rear comes with it);
- the tower for the chateau is cut from a Leven Bavarian church;
- the big barn on the side by Second City Games;
- medium and small barns either side from J&R;
- L shaped barns from J&R, one with a bit cut off;
- pigeon house cut to shape from some resin left over from hacking about the Leven church;
- walls from Leven cut to size;
- gate from a 15mm wall and gate piece (had too long to know the make);
- small garden wall just a strip cut from plasticard;
- small wall and opening between chateau and main barn some plasticard.
The base is approximately 14cm by 20cm (the Leven version needs an A4 sheet, although I am going to reduce the walls to make a smaller footprint when I do mine). I have not yet done the gardens as I don't know which version I will actually use yet so I will do as needed.
And now with some troops in just for size comparisons:
The Waterloo buildings I have done so far are:
La Belle Alliance
La Haie (La Haye)
La Haye Sainte
Also, for an easy way to see all my Napoleonic posts check out the Napoleonic summary page.